Automotive Parts Salesperson – Hotch’s Auto Parts, Bowmanville, ON
As a salesperson for Hotch’s Auto Parts in our Bowmanville location you will be expected to be pleasant, courteous and helpful when interacting with customers. Applicants must be knowledgeable in automotive parts as well as possess excellent computer skills. Applicants must be prepared to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment and be expected to learn and apply new information as automotive technology continues to evolve.
Applicants are expected to be able to manage their own workflow and orders as well as be able to identify damaged or otherwise unserviceable parts. Salespeople must be available to work during business hours, Monday – Friday 8am-5pm. Job requires the ability to work independently and with personal accountability. Previous experience as a salesperson in an auto recycling facility is an excellent asset for potential candidates.
Applicants should be aware there will be a 1 month training period at our main location in Prince Edward County. After training is complete, applicant will be based solely at our Bowmanville location.
What are we looking for in you?
- You must have a high mechanical aptitude.
- You must possess exceptional computer skills.
- You must be a team player and willing to assist with other duties as required.
- You must have good interpersonal skills, be reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- You must be self-disciplined, able to manage your time effectively, meet time sensitive deadlines, and work independently with little to no supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer phones, emails and other parts requests.
- Recognize parts that are damaged/broken or in need of repair.
- Operate an advanced sales system with in-depth inventory management and interchange capabilities.
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to manage your order workflow and keep abreast of changing situations.
- Create and maintain a clean and safe working environment, complying with Occupational Health and Safety standards and requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- You must have experience in the automotive industry.
- You must be able to achieve and maintain monthly sales quotas.
- A High School Diploma and any additional licenses and qualifications will be considered an asset.
- You must be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and a minimum of three successful reference checks.
- You must have reliable transportation to work year-round.
Wages are based on a base wage, plus commission. In-house and brokered part sales are broken down into a bonus chart. Successful salespeople are capable of making over $28/hr depending on sales targets hit. Hotch’s Auto Parts also has health benefits available.
Please include a cover letter with your resume outlining why you think you are the right candidate for this position.